I haven’t done one of these for a while and I have a fear that the grandmas might disown me if I don’t hop on it. So here’s what the wee ones have been up to.
Baby C – 4 months
- She is a SWEETIE. Smiles and giggles.
- She’s been wanting to sit up more lately, either in the couch propped with pillows or a bouncy. Sometimes she’s laying flat and you can tell she’s trying to pull upward. Soon enough, little one!
- We were finally on a great pattern of eating (every 4 hours) and sleeping (2, 2-hour naps plus 7-7 nighttimes). Then a holiday happened. Apparently some cousin told her that sleep wasn’t the great deal her mama keeps telling her. But hopefully we’ll be back on track soon.
- She’s grasping at toys and enjoying play time. We put her on a mat (we call it the cat mat because she swats like a kitty) and she’ll pull and play with the toys above her.
Miss M – 19 months
- Words, words, words – oh my word, the words! She’s repeating virtually everything. She even does her own 3 word sentences, like “thank you daddy” (and not even mimicking – she does it after getting something at the dinner table) or “night night buckeye” (she’s playing with H’s buckeye toy that he takes to bed).
- The speaking has also helped her express her wants and dislikes. Right now H is trying to convince her to go potty with him and she’s telling him no.
- She’s also getting big enough to hold her own against a picking brother.
- We have a shoe problem. She loves them. She’ll change them multiple times a day. And no shoe is off limits – she’ll wear mine or H’s as often as her own (no, not in public. I’m not that bad).
- She’s currently wearing the big girl undies but we really haven’t made much progress. Mostly out of a laziness factor of her mama’s. But we’re getting there. The sitter has been super with us and is very encouraging for M to go potty when the big kids go.
- I can’t help but think she’s got a double dose of brains. She just seems so smart. Always knowing what’s going on. The sitter agrees that she’s wise for her age. This could come back to bite us.
- She loves her dolls – putting them in diapers, feeding, burping them and walking them around.
H boy (3 years)
- He’s quite the chattering, reasoning machine. Which involves a lot more explaining. We’re not as easily able to order him around like we used to be.
- But, in terms of 3 year olds, he’s extremely good-natured. He’s easy-going and just wants to enjoy others. Like his daddy.
- He’s currently into tractors, or any other mode of transportation that can pull a wagon. The key is the pulling. It’s a big deal.
- We’ve finally moved out of a diaper for naptime and we’re hoping for more bedtime progress. He got up at 4am to go potty, the first time he’s ever woken and got out of bed for a potty-related issue. Steps in the right direction.
- Today, while home sick, he watched his first full-length movie, Happy Feet.
So, that’s us in a nutshell. Look, we’re in a nutshell.
Visit me elsewhere: