Tonight before bed Miss M spontaneously erupted into Christmas list making. After 5 or 6 things it became clear I needed to grab a piece of paper.
- Pet Rabbit
- Pet Turtle
- Fish in a big container that we can feed
- A new shirt with a reindeer on it
- A chair like daddy’s for hats and shirts
- Hats. And shirts.
- 2 new books, one about Elsa and one about Anna
- A pretty, pretty picture with a horse on it. And sparkles. But not the kind of sparkles we used today to paint with, that would come off in our hands.
- New shoes – princess shoes. (Clarification: these are shoes with princesses on them, not necessarily shoes meant for a princess to wear. With snaps.)
- A pencil and a crayon. Actually, 2 of each.
- A clock with a “kickstand” (the piece that projects the time onto the ceiling). Of course, this is a princess clock.
- A new toothbrush. (She mentioned this no less than 4 times. I think she’s serious.)
- A Bible to learn how to read.
- A pair of pants – not jeans.
- 2 flowers that she can water. They would stay on the inside during the winter.
- 2 Clothes baskets (perhaps to hold it all in?)
There’s only 100 days until Christmas. I suppose every 4 year old has her list at the ready if you just ask. (BTW, I didn’t ask.)