In the first day back – within the first 5 hours – I encountered more reminders than true epiphanies.
1. 8 hours is a long time to have to work in a given day. It’s just too much. I’m thankful the rest of the week is in 4 hour blocks.
2. Computers are stupid and their users are stupider.
3. Related: Dan W. still knows everything.
4. This does not fill my life passion or calling. Indeed, I will not do this forever.
5. Yes, the babysitter does live that far away.
6. I work for a fantastic company.
7. Working from home is so incredibly isolating. Poor MG who has unknowingly scheduled a mom date for this evening… all kinds of random thoughts will be shooting out from every direction. She’d be wise to use the wine bottle as a shield.
8. I still hate making recruiting calls.
9. It’s exhausting to be perky and nice and all customer-servicey call after call after call.
10. My family still wants dinner.
Visit me elsewhere: