Yesterday I hit the quota and made up for lost time. A brief listing.
1. 6 or 7 large boxes from the Speedway dumpster will only get one small room sorted into yard sale/moving piles.
2. When doing the sorting thing, it’s going to look worse before it gets better.
3. The educational system will keep the paper industry in business; it’s amazing what we find to make a ditto sheet out of.
4. When sorting the powerpoints and handouts, sometimes there are differing opinions on “I’ll use that again someday.”
5. The same can be said about objects such as passport holders.
6. When your son tends toward the OCD side of the scale, you can use it to your advantage. As he refuses to put on his jammies, a threat that he’ll just go to bed with nudie buns results in immediate acquiescence. Going to bed in anything other than his normal jammies would not be satisfactory in his eyes. Win.
7. Having the chicken thawed does not guarantee it will be ready at the appointed dinner time.
8. Dietsch’s is closed on Mondays.
9. No matter how exhausted you are, it’s difficult to sleep once you start pondering mortgage numbers.
10. People are good. Whether supplying large boxes (see number one, sometimes we need backup), telling me not to bother sending lunch with the kiddos or sending a list of things to look forward to in the new community, people want to help. And it’s okay to take them up on it.
Visit me elsewhere: