So many fantastic things lately. i must list them so that i can celebrate appropriately. someday i’ll be both motivated and disciplined enough to list 5 of these each day so as to keep proper perspective, but for now, i’ll just celebrate what i have loved about life the past 48 hours:
1) met with Mark L. to discuss youth stuff. i can list the things that put energy and life into my soul on one hand, and talking about jesus stuff and how it can shape teenagers (or people in general) is one of them.
2) bath time. it’s become a family event. henry and i get in, jj helps hold henry or soap him. i’m sure talented mothers can do it solo, but i need help :). as well, henry does not scream mercy – he’s actually starting to like it (until we have to lift parts out to soap up… cooooolddd!)
3) random trips to kenton with my family. it was like a mini-reunion yesterday at Jolene’s Kozy Kafe (yup, that’s Kenton for you… tacky misspellings and all). kev didn’t have school so lauren came, my folks showed up, and the whole Crop Insurance office was there. then i went back to the office for a few hours to catch up with the cousins. i wouldn’t trade these days for anything!
4) visits from good people. Jim B. stopped by bearing gifts and just chatted it up. i’ve been semi-working with him for a few months and he’s just so… good. i consider myself lucky when i encounter such people, let alone when they take an interest in my life.
5) christmas spirit. i’ve finally started to catch it :). bought jj a small present yesterday (seriously small. like $12 small. but he’ll love it). it’s a good day when i can get past the fact we have very little money and just give things for the sake of the season. and today we’ll be quite merry because we’re going to finish the shopping at easton as a family. speaking of which, i’d better go dry my hair before the little fella wakes up.